Now Or Never is a song by American electropop artist Halsey from her second studio album, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. It serves as the lead single from the album. It was released on April 4, 2017, and has so far peaked #20 on the Billboard Hot 100.
During a special listening party event in London, Halsey played a few tracks from her upcoming album to 100 of her fans, including Now Or Never. On April 2, 2017, Halsey confirmed via her Twitter account that the song would serve as the lead single from the album. The song was leaked in March by the YouTube user SailorEvasive but was taken down shortly after. The song could be found on torrent websites after the leak, but was still hard to find. Eventually, a YouTube user by the name of Paper Town re-uploaded the song in full a day before the release.
Speaking about the song and its music video, Halsey said:
"[It] is one part in the center of a long narrative that tells the story of two people in love despite the forces trying to keep them apart. On its own, the song is about two impatient young lovers, but in the context of the Hopeless Fountain Kingdom universe, the stakes are much higher for these two star-crossed lovers."The song was performed live for the first time since its release on May 4, 2017 during The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
The music video for the song was released on the same day as the song itself. It is over six minutes long, and was directed by Halsey and Sing J. Lee. The video serves as Halsey's directorial debut.
|Released||April 4, 2017|
|Director||Sing J. Lee, Halsey|
|Producer||Laure Salgon, Targa Sahyoun|
|VEVO views||18+ Million views|
|Released||May 5, 2017|
|Location||New York City|
Behind the scenes
|Released||May 15, 2017|
|VEVO views||200+ Thousand views|
- This song contains a direct reference to Hold Me Down, a song off of Halsey's debut album Badlands.
- There is a phone number in the music video that appears multiple times. When called, listeners can hear an instrumental version of the song. The number is 972-HFKNGDM (The number also provided callers with a special code valid for the Hopeless Fountain Kingdom Tour pre-sale on the evening before pre-sale began.)
- Now or Never is Halsey's highest-peaking solo single on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Now or Never was featured at Apple's WWDC17
- ↑ Halsey's Billboard Chart History
- ↑ Halsey Hosted A Silent, Surprise Listening Party For 100 Fans
- ↑ Watch Halsey Struggle With Star-Crossed Romance in 'Now or Never' Video
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BADATLOVUE/status/871850406506352642